Interested in learning more about joining our team? Reach out to email@example.com with your résumé to start the conversation!
Energy Policy Analyst
The Meridian Group seeks an Energy Policy Analyst to support the Director of Installation Resilience within The Office of the Assistant Secretary of the Navy – Energy, Installations and Environment (ASN EI&E). This specialized and technical position will help support the Department of the Navy’s (DON) Installation Resilience portfolio.
The Energy Policy Analyst will:
- Provide technical assistance in the fields of energy resilience, facilities and utility infrastructure, renewable energy, energy efficiency measures, and Naval operations. This includes but is not limited to the preparation of a strategic plan, briefs, spreadsheets, point-papers, responses to office taskers, proposal evaluations, and attendance at meetings as required.
- Manage, analyze, and synthesize data in support of key decision briefs, policy options, and procurement actions for Navy utilities and energy security programs.
- Inform senior leaders on the deployment & advancement of DON metrics and performance measures that address the effects of climate change, energy security, and water security on Navy and Marine Corps installation operations, while ensuring training, test, and mission objectives are met
- Partner and engage with ASN(EI&E) offices and DON Performance Improvement Office (PIO) to leverage and collaborate on advanced data analytics collected Department-wide
- Oversee development of data-driven sustainability analysis both internal to ASN EI&E and from PIO for greenhouse gas emissions, energy consumption, and potable water consumption across the Department, allowing DON leadership to not only view and manipulate DON sustainability data, but make concrete decisions for a more long-term sustainable force.
- Synthesize pertinent data analytics, metrics, and trends (related to energy, water, climate and resilience data collected at lower echelons) to identify potential gaps of missing/untracked information that would add value to support DON resilience strategy
- Engage in baseline analysis of the DON’s sustainability posture and track high-level metrics in support of DON energy resilience goals, leveraging prior experience with DoD risk management and risk assessments
- Serve as a liaison across DON offices by engaging with senior leaders on the Department’s energy & water resilience programs, installation resilience topics, and track high-level data requests in support of the DON
- Stay informed and keep abreast of policy objectives and developments across federal government, particularly the Defense enterprise, related to Executive Orders 14008 and 14057 (or more broadly, related to sustainability objectives mandated across the federal government)
- Bachelor’s degree in environmental science, energy security, data analytics, engineering, public policy, or related field
- 5+ years in data analytics, energy & water utility systems, environmental science, energy and water security, energy resilience and/or energy policy
- Ability to collaborate in a fast paced, small team environment, with ability to work independently
- Experience working directly with senior leaders
- Ability to maintain active Secret clearance
- Prior experience or familiarity working with Defense or Military Departments preferred
How to Apply: Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply for this position.